Happy National Nutrition Month! With this year’s theme being “Celebrate a World of Flavors”, The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is inspiring us to experience different cultures through food. As a federally qualified community health center, we truly appreciate diversity and the uniqueness of others. So, help us celebrate National Nutrition Month by adding a twist to what we eat and opening up our diets to something new!
Here are some easy ways to get started eating healthy:
- Cook & Prep
- While cooking, include foods from all food groups, learn how to read nutrition labels, and incorporate your favorite cultural foods and traditions to stay health conscious.
- Visit a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Ask your primary care provider to see a registered dietitian nutritionist who specializes in your unique needs to assist you in meeting your unique health goals.
- Meal Planning
- When planning your meals for the week, choose healthy recipes, use a grocery list to shop for nutritious foods, and make healthy choices when at home and away.
- Vary your Diet
- Try new flavors from around the world and enjoy meals with your friends and family.