Looking for a healthy but simple dinner recipe that is packed full of deliciousness and protein. Make a splash and check out this Oven-Baked Salmon.
- Total time: 20 minutes
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 4 servings
Oven-Baked Salmon Ingredients:
- 12 oz salmon filets, cut into 4 pieces
- Coarse-grained salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Toasted almond parsley salsa, for serving
- Baked squash, for serving optional
Toasted Almond Parsley Salad Ingredients:
- 1 shallot
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Coarse grain salt
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ toasted almonds
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper. Place salmon, skin side down, on a non-stick baking sheet or in a non-stick pan with an oven-proof handle. Bake until salmon is cooked through, about 12 to 15 minutes. Serve with the Toasted Almond Parsley Salad and squash, if desired.
Toasted Almond Parsley Salad:
- Mince the shallot and add to a small bowl. Pour the vinegar over the shallots and add a pinch of salt. Let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Roughly chop the capers, parsley, and almonds and add to the shallots. Add the olive oil, tasting as you go. Mix again and adjust the seasonings.
- Calories – 177
- Total Fats – 11g
- Saturated Fats – 2.5g
- Cholesterol – 47 milligrams
- Sodium – 170 milligrams
- Carbohydrates – 0g
- Dietary Fibers – 0g
- Protein – 17g
- Sugar – 0g