Indulge in a delightful twist on the classic fish sticks with our irresistibly crispy Parmesan fish sticks recipe.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds cod or haddock fillets
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 3 large eggs
- Ketchup, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Grease a sheet pan with the olive oil.
- Cut the fish fillets into 2 1/2-inch-long and 1-inch-wide strips.
- Combine the flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, parsley and butter with a fork in a separate shallow bowl. Add the Parmesan and stir to combine.
- Beat the eggs in a third bowl.
- Bread the fish by giving the strips a good coating of the seasoned flour. Tap off any excess. Dip in the beaten eggs until coated. Roll the egg-coated fish in the crumb mixture. If need be, press the breadcrumbs into the fish. Place on the oiled sheet pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then flip the fish sticks and continue cooking until the breading is deep golden and the fish is cooked through, about another 8 minutes.
- Serve with ketchup.