This chicken and goat cheese skillet delivers a simple but flavorful flavor to the table. You will not be disappointed if you try this dish.
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 cup fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 3 chopped plum tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons of 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons crumbled herbed fresh goat cheese
- Hot cooked rice or pasta
- Additional goat cheese, optional
- Toss chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; sauté chicken until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add asparagus to skillet; cook and stir over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add garlic; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes, milk, and 2 tablespoons cheese; cook, covered, over medium heat until cheese begins to melt, 2-3 minutes. Stir in chicken. Serve with rice. If desired, top with additional cheese.
- 251 calories
- 11g fat (3g saturated fat)
- 74mg cholesterol
- 447mg sodium
- 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber)
- 29g protein