Score big this football season with a game-changing Buffalo Chicken Egg Roll recipe that combines the irresistible flavors of tangy buffalo sauce, tender shredded chicken, and crispy egg roll wrappers into a crowd-pleasing appetizer that will have everyone cheering for more.
FOR THE EGG ROLLS:
• 12 egg roll wrappers (roughly 4 square inches)
• 1 cup cooked and shredded chicken.
• ½ – ⅔ cup hot sauce
• 4 oz cheddar shredded or crumbled blue cheese.
• 1 cup shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix (without the dressing)
• Small bowl of water
• Cooking spray
• Blue Cheese Dressing
• Ranch Dressing
• Celery sticks
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. ⅔
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken with ½ cup of hot sauce, adding up to a total of ⅔ cup if the chicken seems to soak up the sauce quickly – it probably will.
- Lay an egg roll wrapper out on a clean work surface with one corner facing you and spread about 1 tablespoon cabbage or coleslaw horizontally across the wrapper. Top with 2 tablespoons (or a small cookie scoop) of chicken then 1 tablespoon of cheese.
- To roll the egg roll, pull the corner closest to you up towards the center of the filling and wrap it under the filling. Fold in the right and left corners, sealing the two with a dab of water. Roll the egg roll away from you, while gently snuggling the egg roll into itself to keep it from falling apart. Be careful not to tug too hard anywhere – the wrapper can tear easily. Seal the final corner onto the egg roll with another dab of water and place the egg roll seam-side down on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with 11 remaining wrappers. You’ll probably end up with quite a few wrappers left over – they can be tucked inside a zip-top bag and frozen on a flat surface. Thaw in the fridge before using again.
- Lightly spray the tops of the egg rolls with cooking spray and bake for 12 to 17 minutes, flipping over halfway through, until golden brown and crispy. Serve with blue cheese or ranch dressing.