For a quick family meal, make these tuna, sweetcorn, and spring onion fritters. They’re versatile, as they can be served for brunch, lunch, or dinner.
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup of self-rising flour
- 10 oz. bag of frozen sweetcorn, defrosted
- 1/2 bunch of spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, zested and cut into wedges
- 2 5oz cans of tuna, drained and roughly flaked
- Sunflower or vegetable oil
- 1 cup of sour cream
- Hot sauce
- In a bowl, combine the milk and eggs with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper. Sift the flour into another bowl, make a well in the center, and pour in the egg mixture in a thin, steady stream, whisking well until combined. Stir in the sweetcorn, spring onions, lemon zest, and tuna.
- Heat a drop of oil in a non-stick or cast-iron frying pan over medium heat. Drop a spoonful of the batter into the pan and cook until crisp and golden, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and repeat on the other side (you’ll need to do this in batches). Keep the bread warm in a low oven and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve the hot fritters with lemon wedges. Add sour cream and hot sauce if desired.