Celebrating Mother’s Day this past weekend initiated the age old question, “How do most moms find time to exercise?” Between daycare, work life stresses, and play dates-there does not seem to be enough hours in the day. According to the DailyBurn.com, moms have to get creative. They shared a few tips to help us “Spring into Health.”
- Try and workout first thing in the morning. Your energy level is heightened and distractions are limited!
- If you are not a morning person, utilize your lunch period as an impromptu workout session!
- Include your children in the workout! It sets a great example for them, and allows you the time you need to dedicate to your workout.
- Make any space a gym. If you do not need special equipment, working out from home, your local park, or even your office will suffice as a perfect workout environment!
- Find a support team or work out buddy! Support is a key factor in keeping you on track to reach your fitness goals!
The Center for Disease Control suggests that women get up to 150 minutes of aerobic activity per week.-“We know 150 minutes each week sounds like a lot of time, but you don’t have to do it all at once. Not only is it best to spread your activity out during the week, but you can even break it up into 10 minutes a day.”Happy Mother’s Day to all you amazing moms out there!