These incredible grilled sweet potato pizzas will amaze the family! For this nutritious 30-minute supper, all you need are sweet potatoes, your preferred marinara sauce or pesto, mozzarella, and your preferred pizza toppings.
Ingredients for Grilled Sweet Potato Pizzas
- one large sweet potato
- 1/3 cup organic marinara sauce (or 1/4 cup pesto)*
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- one tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil
Directions for Grilled Sweet Potato Pizzas
- Preheat the grill to 375ºF (alternatively, you can use your oven).
- Slice sweet potatoes length-wise (about 1/4 inch thick), rub with olive oil (or spray with olive oil cooking spray), and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay tin foil onto the grill and spray with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place sweet potatoes onto tin foil and grill for 10 minutes or until you’ve created beautiful grill marks on your sweet potato slices. Then, flip.
- Add one tablespoon of marinara sauce (or 1/2 tablespoon of pesto) and mozzarella cheese to each sweet potato slice and grill for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Remove from the grill and top with fresh basil.
Learn More About PHN:
Learn more about Primary Health Network’s services by visiting our services page.