Try this recipe for Thai Red Curry Meatballs for a quick weeknight meal. This recipe, with a Thai influence, is flavored with fresh garlic, ginger, and soft red peppers and served in a creamy red curry sauce.
Ingredients for Thai Red Curry Meatballs
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced.
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions.
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Ingredients for Thai Red Curry Sauce
- 1/2 yellow onion thinly sliced.
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced.
- 2–3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 – 15oz can light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, for garnish
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion, for garnish.
- jasmine rice, for serving.
Directions for Making Thai Red Curry Meatballs
- Add all the meatball ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined. Next, use a cookie dough scoop or tablespoon to scoop the ground turkey mixture and use your hands to form meatballs.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the avocado oil and then cook the meatballs for 3-4 meatballs on each side until brown. Once the meatballs are brown, remove them from the skillet and set aside.
- Make the red curry sauce: Add the sliced peppers and onions to the skillet and sauté for a few minutes until tender. Next, add the red curry paste, coconut milk, lime juice, coconut aminos, and fish sauce to the skillet and stir until well combined.
- Add the meatballs back to the red curry sauce and bring them to a simmer. Let the meatballs simmer for 15-20 minutes and then finish the dish with fresh cilantro and green onion. Serve the meatballs over jasmine rice and enjoy!
Learn More About PHN:
Learn more about Primary Health Network’s services by visiting our services page.
Connect with our PHN Blog to learn more health tips and news, or visit our Facebook & Instagram to see all the exciting things we are up to.