This stuffed sweet potato with black beans, kale, and hummus dressing is a hearty yet simple 5-ingredient lunch for one.
- 1 large sweet potato, scrubbed
- ¾ cup chopped kale
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- ¼ cup hummus
- 2 tablespoons water
- Prick sweet potatoes all over with a fork. Microwave on High for 7 to 10 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked.
- Meanwhile, wash kale and drain, allowing water to cling to the leaves. Put it in a medium saucepan; cover and cook over medium-high heat, stirring once or twice until wilted. Add beans; add a tablespoon or two of water if the pot is dry. Continue cooking, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is steaming hot, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Split the sweet potatoes open and top them with the kale and bean mixture. Combine hummus and 2 tablespoons of water in a small dish. Add additional water as needed to reach the desired consistency. Drizzle the hummus dressing over the stuffed sweet potatoes.
- 472 calories
- protein 21.1g
- carbohydrates 85.3g
- dietary fiber 22.1g
- sugars 19.9g; fat 7g
- saturated fat 1.2g