This tasty and straightforward One Pot Italian Chicken Tortellini dinner recipe is easy and quick! Prepare yourself for a delicious 30-minute meal made in a single pot that even fussy eaters will like!
Ingredients for One Pot Italian Chicken Tortellini
- one tablespoon of olive oil
- two cloves garlic minced
- 12 ounces (about 3) chicken breasts, cut up into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 3 ounces of reduced-fat cream cheese cut up in chunks
- two zucchini sliced into half moons
- one box (9 ounces) of frozen cheese tortellini
- four slices of fresh mozzarella
- two tablespoons fresh basil ribbons for garnish
Directions for One Pot Italian Chicken Tortellini
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken pieces and season with oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until the chicken is browned and cooked.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Mix wine and chicken broth; stir until well incorporated.
- Add marinara sauce and cream cheese to the skillet; cook until melted and combined.
- Slowly whisk in the prepared chicken broth mixture; whisk until incorporated.
- Add chicken to the skillet; stir in the prepared zucchini and the tortellini.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook for 10 to 11 minutes or until pasta is done.
- Remove from heat and arrange slices of fresh mozzarella over the top.
- Set under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes or until the cheese on top is melted.
- Garnish with ribbons of basil.
Learn More About PHN:
Learn more about Primary Health Network’s services by visiting our services page.