With strips of chilled crescent roll dough, you can wrap up these jalapeño poppers for Halloween. They’re scary-cute starters that are so simple to make!
- 4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 oz. extra-sharp Cheddar, coarsely grated
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- Dash hot sauce
- 6 small jalapeños
- 1 sheet refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 24 frozen peas, thawed, or tiny pieces of red pepper or a combination
- Heat oven to 375ºF. In a bowl, combine cream cheese, Cheddar, scallion, and hot sauce. Spoon into a resealable plastic bag and snip off 1 corner.
- Halve jalapeños lengthwise, then remove and discard seeds. Pipe cheese mixture into pepper halves.
- Unroll the crescent dough and cut it into ¼-inch strips. Wrap about 2 strips around each jalapeño half to create a mummy-like pattern. Transfer halves to a prepared baking sheet and bake until golden brown, 15 minutes.
- Let poppers cool for 5 minutes. Place 2 peas or pieces of pepper on each “mummy” for eyes. Transfer to a platter and serve warm or at room temperature.