Enjoy creating these Korean Beef Bowls with lean ground beef, stir-fried vegetables, steaming rice, and an addictive sweet, salty, and spicy Korean BBQ sauce. These are one of the easiest dishes you will ever make, forming a complete supper!
Ingredients For Korean Beef Bowls:
- 1-pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- Three garlic cloves minced
- Two teaspoons of freshly grated ginger
- 4-5 cups cooked rice/quinoa, spiralized veggies
Ingredients For Korean BBQ Sauce:
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Two tablespoons of rice wine may substitute for dry sherry
- 2-3 tablespoons Gochujang or more if desired*
- Two teaspoons of sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Two teaspoons cornstarch
Ingredients For Stir Fry:
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- One red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
Ingredients For Garnish:
- Green onions
- Chili paste
- Sesame seeds
Directions for Korean Beef Bowls:
- Whisk together Korean Sauce in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Brown the beef and onions in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger and sauté an additional 30 seconds. Drain off any excess fat.
- Add Korean Sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer for 5-10 minutes or until reduced and thickened. Taste and add chili paste for spicier and brown sugar for sweeter. Remove from skillet but do not wipe out.
- Add one teaspoon of oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, carrots, and red bell peppers (or other desired vegetables) and stir fry for 2-3 minutes or to your desired crisp-tenderness.
- Layer 4 bowls with rice/quinoa and top with Korean beef and vegetables.
Learn More About PHN:
Learn more about Primary Health Network’s services by visiting our services page.