Garlic roasted salmon cooked in wine, and fresh oregano on top of Brussels sprouts and garlic is easy enough to prepare on a weeknight yet sophisticated enough to offer to friends.
Ingredients for Garlic Roasted Salmon:
- 14 large cloves of garlic, divided
- ¼ cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh oregano, divided
- 1 teaspoon of salt, divided
- ¾ teaspoon of freshly ground pepper, divided
- 6 cups of Brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced
- ¾ cup of white wine, preferably Chardonnay
- 2 pounds of wild-caught salmon fillet, skinned, cut into six portions
- Lemon wedges
Directions for Garlic Roasted Salmon:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Mince 2 garlic cloves and combine in a small bowl with oil, one tablespoon oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Halve the remaining garlic and toss with Brussels sprouts and three tablespoons of the seasoned oil in a large roasting pan. Roast, stirring once, for 15 minutes.
- Add wine to the remaining oil mixture. Remove the pan from the oven, stir the vegetables, and place the salmon on top. Drizzle with the wine mixture. Sprinkle with one tablespoon of oregano and 1/2 teaspoon of each salt and pepper. Bake until the salmon is cooked, 5 to 10 minutes more. Serve with lemon wedges.
Learn More About PHN
Learn more about Primary Health Network’s services by visiting our services page.