This recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner! It’s packed with a garlicky, lemony flavor and cooked in one pan with pasta, lean chicken breast, and sautéed spinach. It is best served with a sprinkle of Parmesan.
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs, diced
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of ground pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 10 cups of fresh spinach, chopped
- 4 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally until just cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in wine, lemon juice, and zest; bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat. Stir in spinach and the cooked pasta.
- Cover and let stand until the spinach is just wilted.
- Divide among 4 plates and top each serving with 1 tablespoon of Parmesan.
- 335 calories
- Protein 28.7g
- Carbohydrates 24.9g
- Dietary fiber 2g
- Sugars 1.1g
- Fat 12.3g
- Saturated fat 2.7g
- Cholesterol 66.9mg