In this simple fish recipe, the blend of lemon, garlic, and basil produces such fresh and tasty flavors. It is so easy to make, dinner will be done in less than 15 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, or sherry vinegar
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, rough chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon – zest (set aside) and lemon slices
- 1– 1 1/4 lb cod fillets 4 -6 pieces
- Salt, pepper, and chili flakes to taste
- 1/4 cup basil leaves torn
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Pour 3 tablespoons olive oil and vinegar into a 9 x13 inch baking dish. Scatter the shallots and garlic. Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, and lemon slices and toss. Roast for 10 minutes. Give the tomatoes a good shake.
- While tomatoes are roasting, pat the fish dry and brush with a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper and chili flakes. Nestle the fish in the baking dish, between the tomatoes.
- Lower heat to 400F.
- Bake the fish for 8-10 minutes then give the pan a good shake, jostling the tomatoes a bit. Scatter with lemon zest. Bake 3-4 more minutes or until fish is cooked to your liking.
- When done, add the torn basil leaves, tossing them with the warm tomatoes with tongs so the basil wilts slightly. Then garnish each piece of fish with a few wilted basil leaves.
- Serve immediately over rice pilaf, quinoa, polenta, or mashed potatoes.
- Calories – 227
- Total Fat – 11.7g
- Saturated Fat – 1.7g
- Cholesterol – 60.9mg
- Sodium – 372.2mg
- Total Carbohydrate – 4.5g
- Sugars – 2.5g
- Protein – 26.2g