Do you want a simple, healthy, and hearty dinner made with simple ingredients? This recipe is exactly what you need! Need to meal plan for the week or have something on hand? This dish can also be frozen and baked at a later time.
- 3-1/3 cups uncooked whole grain spiral or penne pasta
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Chopped fresh oregano or fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Cook the pasta according to the package directions, then drain. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, chicken, tomato sauce, tomatoes, spinach, olives, onion, green pepper, basil, and oregano.
- Transfer to a 13×9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Garnish with cheese. Bake, uncovered, until heated through and the cheese is melted, about 25 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with oregano or basil.
- 398 calories
- 10g fat (3g saturated fat)
- 67mg cholesterol
- 832mg sodium
- 47g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 9g fiber)
- 34g protein.