These healthy, dark chocolate almond butter cups are the ideal sweet treat because they’re healthier and super simple to make!
Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups Ingredients
- 12 oz dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ cup creamy almond butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Flaky sea salt for topping
Directions for Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups
- Add the dark chocolate and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute and then stir. Microwave again for 30 seconds more and then stir. Repeat until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Line a mini muffin tray with liners.
- Pour around 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate into the bottom of the muffin liners. Place the muffin tin in the fridge or freezer for 5-10 minutes to let the chocolate harden.
- Add the almond butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to a small mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Next, spoon in around 1 – 1.5 teaspoons of almond butter into the center of each cup.
- Cover the almond butter filling with around ½ tablespoon more melted chocolate until the filling is completely covered. Sprinkle each cup with flaky sea salt and place in the freezer to harden.
Learn More About PHN:
Learn more about Primary Health Network’s services by visiting our services page.