This blackened fish burger with sriracha mayo is a quick and straightforward weeknight supper that is flavorful and healthy. You’ll be eating this delicious meal in 30 minutes!
Ingredients for Blackened Fish Burger:
- 1/4 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon cumin
Blackened Fish Burger Ingredients
- 4-6 oz sea bass filet or other firm fish
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup chopped purple cabbage
- 1 Tablespoon grapeseed oil and extra virgin olive oil will also work
- 2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup arugula
- One brioche bun or any other type of hamburger bun you have
- 3 Tablespoons mayo
- 1/2 Tablespoon sriracha
Direction for Blackened Fish Burger
- Preheat oven to 450 – ensure the rack is in the middle of the range.
- Mix Rub ingredients.
- Take your sea bass; pat dry with a paper towel, and leave the skin on.
- Sprinkle a generous amount (about a teaspoon or two) of the rub on the top of the filet (you will not use the whole thing – save the remainder for another use).
- Add purple cabbage to a small mixing bowl, grapeseed oil, and kosher salt.
- Mix well. Mix your Sriracha Mayo ingredients, experimenting (if you want) until you get your perfect flavor and spiciness.
- Bake your fish for 4-6 minutes per 1/2 inch thickness, and the cabbage requires about 4-6 minutes, so if you have a small fish, put the cabbage in right away. If your fish is thicker, wait until there are 4-6 minutes left, and add purple cabbage.
- Place fish, skin-side down, on a foil-lined baking sheet; ensure it is off to one side, as you will place the cabbage on the same sheet immediately or after a few minutes.
- Butter your brioche bun and carefully place it on the bottom oven rack, butter side down, for approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Remove fish, cabbage, and bun from the oven.
- Take the bottom of the bun and spread as much sriracha mayo as you desire.
- Add purple cabbage.
- Take a spatula, lift the fish fillet off its skin, which should stick to the foil, and place it on top of the cabbage.
- Add arugula on top and top with a bun.
- Serve immediately.
Learn More About PHN:
Learn more about Primary Health Network’s services by visiting our services page.