If you want to impress a hungry crowd, these BBQ Pulled Jackfruit Sandwiches sandwiches are the answer. They are satisfying, hearty, and bursting with flavor that will leave your guests raving. Whether you’re hosting a backyard barbecue, a picnic in the park, or a casual get-together with friends, these BBQ Pulled Jackfruit Sandwiches will surely be a hit. Get ready to elevate your summer gatherings with this mouthwatering recipe!
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- Two tablespoons of diced onion
- One garlic clove, diced
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Three tablespoons of apple cider vinegar divided
- One teaspoon of dried mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Two tablespoons water, more as needed
- 28 ounces canned jackfruit, drained and rinsed, then shredded
- 6 ounces of prepared vegetable slaw
- Two tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Eight slider-sized buns
Directions for BBQ Pulled Jackfruit Sandwiches
- Warm the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. When hot, add the onion and cook for several minutes until it softens. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the tomato paste, maple syrup, two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, mustard, cayenne, red pepper flakes, salt, black pepper, and water to the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. Add a tablespoon or two of water to thin the sauce if needed.
- Add the jackfruit to the pan and turn the heat to low. Allow to cook for several minutes.
- Mix the remaining apple cider vinegar, mayonnaise, milk, sugar, and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture over the vegetable slaw in a bowl, and toss.
- Remove the jackfruit from the heat, and add to the buns. Top with a few forkfuls of the slaw and serve immediately.
Learn More About PHN:
Learn more about Primary Health Network’s services by visiting our services page.