This baked sweet & sour cauliflower is simple and healthy. Choose this recipe as an excellent alternative to traditional sweet and sour chicken or pork that is baked rather than fried. You won’t miss the meat in this lighter version of a classic!
Baked Sweet & Sour Cauliflower Ingredients:
- 5-6 cups cauliflower florets
- Three tablespoons vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- 3-4 cups steamed rice – for serving
- Thinly sliced green onions for garnish
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar – (may sub white vinegar)
- Two tablespoons of soy sauce
- One teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion salt
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch + 2 tablespoons cold water
Baked Sweet & Sour Cauliflower Directions:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and grease a baking sheet. Combine cauliflower and oil in a large ziplock bag. Seal and shake to coat cauliflower in the oil. Open the bag, add cornstarch, seal the bag, and toss to coat again.
- Transfer coated cauliflower to greased pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes until cauliflower starts to brown on the bottoms. (observe so the cauliflower doesn’t burn!) switch oven to broil and cook on high for 3-4 minutes until tops begin to brown.
- While cooking cauliflower, prepare the sauce: Add sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic powder, onion salt, and ketchup to a medium saucepan. Stir and bring to a boil. Whisk the one tablespoon of cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl until dissolved. Add to saucepan and stir until thickened, then reduce to low heat.
- In a large heat-safe bowl, combine roasted cauliflower and sauce. Serve with steamed rice and top with sliced green onions.
- Serve the Baked sweet & sour Cauliflower.
Learn More About PHN:
Learn more about Primary Health Network’s services by visiting our services page.